You will need:
1/2 cup shortening
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup molasses
Decorating Icing – we recommend powdered sugar icing
1. In mixing bowl, beat shortening on medium speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add one half of Gingerbread Blend. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
3. Beat in molasses, egg and vinegar until combined.
4. Add remaining half of Gingerbread Blend. You may need to stir in the final portion.
5. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
6. Grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time to 1/4 inch thick.
8. Cut with 4 1/2 – 6 inch people-shaped cookie cutters. (If you use a smaller cookie cutter, roll dough to 1/8 inch thick.)
9. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes for larger cookies, or 5-6 minutes for smaller cookies, or until edges are slightly brown.
10. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
11. Decorate with icing and candies, if desired.