“You get what you get and you don’t pitch a fit.”
I don’t remember which teacher first said this to my kids, but it has served me well over the years as a parent. Complaining about what’s being served for dinner? “You get what you get…” Upset because it was a little sparse under the Christmas tree? “You get what you get…” That phrase gets said a LOT in this household. ?
While this might be a great saying to help us teach our kids to be grateful for what they have, it doesn’t apply to business life. You don’t have to just accept what you’ve been given or where you are. You can (respectfully) bring up issues. With direct sales (aka multi level marketing), you CAN choose who you boss is (aka your upline sponsor). You can choose something different. That’s what I want to talk about today – setting yourself up for success in direct sales.
While I may just be starting with Color Street, I’m not brand new to MLM’s nor to the small business world. I’ve worked with my husband over the last three years to turn our home-based bakery into a growing food truck business, with plans to expand to a brick and mortar restaurant. We have made mistakes, learned a LOT, and we just keep moving forward. DJ has helped me to set BIG goals and not be afraid to pursue them. I previously was a coach with Beachbody. I originally started as a coach for the discount on Shakeology (which I still love). I think that set me up for failure when I later wanted to “work the business” because it was just a difficult mindset change for me. If you decide you want to do any sort of direct sales business, I think it’s best to view it as a business from day one. Make sure you understand the commission structure, and understand what it takes to actually be profitable. Don’t expect to become a millionaire overnight, but if you make wise decisions, you can turn a profit.
I bring all of these experiences with me (not to mention 15 years as an engineer), and I believe that will help me to be a better team member and team leader. If you become part of my team, you will not only learn about the Color Street business, but you will learn skills that you can apply to other areas of your life. I’m a firm believer in professional development, and I want to help you succeed in meeting your personal goals, not just your business goals.
As your Color Street Stylist and/orTeam Leader, I can promise you the following:
- I will never recommend you purchasing something that you can’t afford. I will help you set a budget for your business, along with your financial goals, and I will help you meet those goals.
- I will never make you feel guilty for not hosting a party or not becoming a stylist with me. Just because I believe in something doesn’t mean it’s right for you. It is ok to say “no thank you.”
- I will be there to help you set your goals and I will be cheering for you when you crush them.
- If you’re not satisfied with the product, I will do my best to help you resolve your issues.
- I will foster creativity and new ideas, and will create a positive and uplifting environment for our team.
As my customer, I’m asking you to believe in a product. As your team leader, I’m asking you to believe in ME. Can you guess which one makes me more nervous? ? If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a member of my team, send me an email at PersonallyPolishedByTeresa@gmail.com. We can succeed TOGETHER.